In addition to running our own series of courses and events the ABCT Academy also provides tailor-made 1 and 2 day courses for outside organisations. Typically, these have covered a number of introductory conservation topics but they can also include practical elements such as lime mortar, stone conservation and other artisan subjects.
We have recently run a series of courses with South Australian and New South Wales Councils in various locations, including remote and regional areas. A few examples of course programmes are available below to give you an idea of the type of event that we can provide.
- A 1-day course for Councils.
- A 2-day course for City of Onkaparinga, Alexandrina Council, the Mid-Murray Council and Central Darling Shire Council.
- A Heritage Conservation course for Friends of the Simpson Desert, Friends of Burra Parks and Mount Horrocks Historical Society, Friends of Gawler Ranges National Park.
- A Stone carving course for Doorways to Construction (D2C), Kapunda High School, SA
If you can provide us with answers to the questions below that will help us respond to your request promptly.
- What topics would you like to see covered in your event?
- What level of audience will your course aimed at i.e. professionals, craftspeople, amateurs etc.?
- Do you have a date in mind or an idea of when you are aiming to hold your event?
- What length of course do you have in mind for your event i.e. a full day/an evening etc?
- Where in the country will your course be held?
- What resources will you provide for the event i.e. venue, catering, IT equipment etc.?
- What is your budget for your event?
If you would like to discuss the possibility of arranging a course or event for your local organisation or interest group, please get in-touch.