Melbourne City Baths was first opened in 1860 and has continued to provide health and fitness services to the community for more than 150 years.

HSR are currently undertaking heritage restoration.

St Ignatius’ Church is one of the earliest churches in Australia. The church was designed by architect William Wardell (1823-1899), who was noted for his ecclesiastical work, including St Patrick’s Cathedral, Melbourne.

HSR is currently undertaking the heritage restoration works.

The project involves façade brickwork repair, re-pointing, structural crack repair, render, steel window repairs, and painting, faience and tile repairs.

Restoration and conservation works to the Wesley Church project in Melbourne has now commenced. Over the next two years the Church, the Manse, the Schoolhouse and the Caretaker’s Cottage will be fully restored.

Works will include specialist cleaning, repointing, slate and lead roofing, heritage carpentry and painting, and stained glass window repairs. One of the major components of the works to the church will be stone replacement, including replacement of pinnacles, stringcourses and cornices. The stone used is Udelfanger Sandstone from Germany, as specified by the consulting architect, Lovell Chen.

The restoration project is part of the 200 million redevelopment of the Wesley Precinct. The redevelopment includes ground and lower level retail spacesa new ground level park and two public walkways through the site.

The 34 level commercial office tower will sit on the eastern portion of the Wesley Church site with frontages to Lonsdale Street, Little Lonsdale Street and Jones Lane.

The project consisted of extensive render repairs to the flag tower including pressed cement items.

HSR undertook Stonework Repairs, Replacement along with Façade Cleaning, Repointing and mortar repairs. HSR scoped the works alongside the Client, provided cost planning in the early stage prior to works commencing. Window repair and repainting of the steel windows was done alongside the Façade works.

Conservation works to St Judes Church in Carlton, Victoria. Scope of conservation works included brick tuck pointing in lime mortars to match existing materials and finishes, brickwork replacement, and replacement of deteriorated stone features with ornately carved Udelfanger Sandstone to match.

St Jude’s Church is an Anglican parish church in the Melbourne suburb of Carlton and is one of the first complete polychromatic brick churches built in Australia. The church was opened in 1866 as a temporary wooden building but was rebuilt as a Gothic-polychrome building between 1866 and 1874.

The site is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.

The Mackillop Centre former St Vincent de Paul Orphanage in South Melbourne, is of architectural significance as an imposing, Italianate mid-nineteenth century institution. Though the building is not stylistically cohesive it does demonstrate the evolution of the site, with construction beginning in 1857 (the Victorian period) and continuing on till the 1940’s.

This project included render and concrete repairs to façade, specialised masonry cleaning, paint removal and application of heritage Keim paints, timber conservation and carpentry, emer-clad to parapet horizontal services and caulking to all steel windows.