Bank SA Building
The Bank of South Australia building, done in an ornate French renaissance style, was erected between 1875 – 1878. The building has many exceptional features, which were originally undertaken by celebrated Scottish sculptor William Maxwell and British painter and sculptor Joseph Durham, in particular the intricate stone carvings and the coat of arms on top of the portico on the King William street façade.
This project involved structural concrete repairs and stone replacement to abutment features, safe removal of chrysotile asbestos mason’s putty to stone ashlar joints, specialist façade cleaning, solid render repairs and crack stitching and injection. HSR also sourced the original stone and re-opened Waikerie Limestone Quarry purchasing the mining lease.