The St Francis Xavier Cathedral, located on Victoria Square, is a gothic revival building in an early English style modelled upon Baylard Abbey Church in Yorkshire England. The original foundation stone was laid in 1856 with four thousand blocks of stone, cut by Italian craftsmen, made to complete the cathedral’s belltower. It was expanded again in 1923.
This project included new stone replacement, repointing, silicon injections, rectifying lead flashing system to ensure water tightness, roof vent repair to match original, new cross and fixing as well as the installation of emer clad system. The cathedral was constructed with Murray Bridge Limestone dressings and Glenunga Bluestone.